Principal Engineer Metrology
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced professional to develop and evaluate metrology calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current, luminous intensity, and derived units of physical or chemical measure. Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms. Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Support the Electrical Calibration Lab's engineering requirements.
- Develop procedures and processes that support compliance to standards.
- Performance and oversight of audits ofprocesses to assure effective implementation of procedures.
- Identify and support process improvement activities.
- Evaluation of out-of-tolerance situations to ensure appropriate steps are taken.
- Act as lead equipment recall administrator for the calibration lab.
- Evaluate and process approved calibration vendors for the MS sector.
- Performspecial projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relatedSTEM field and5+ years of relevantexperience, or a Master's degree in a relatedSTEM field and 3+ years of experience.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Master's degree, preferablyengineering.
- Formal calibration training, equivalent to U.S. Military PMEL school, orexperience as an auditor with one or more accreditation bodies for ISO/IEC 17025.
Back to top