Principal Engineer Mechanical - MRB Liaison 2nd Shift
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA and will be on 2nd shift 4pm-2:30am.
The selected candidate will become part of the Liaison Engineering team within the Vehicle Engineering IPT in NGC's Palmdale Manufacturing Center (PMC).
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• You will be a member of a multi-disciplined team responsible for providing liaison engineering support for Special Projects.
• You will be working with subsystems installations and composite structures
• You will be performing timely dispositions for nonconforming parts, assemblies, and installations.
• You will be working as part of a Material Review Board (MRB)
• You will be working with a team of engineers coordinating with multiple disciplines to determine solutions to problems quickly and efficiently.
• Some of the tools you'll be using are NX and CPLM.
• BS degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) and 5+ years of Aerospace experience, or a MS degree in Engineering and 3+ years of Aerospace experience
• Experience with product build and assembly.
• DoD Secret clearance or higher required, with the ability to obtain Special Access.
• Master's Degree in an Engineering Field.
• MRB qualified with 5+ yrs. experience.
• Experience with NX and/or MES.
• Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
• Active, In scope SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top