Principal Engineer Mechanical
Candidate will perform the duties of a Mechanical Engineer for acceptance test procedure (ATP) development, release, and support of test execution. Responsibilities will include subsystems analysis, test method selection, test planning, test equipment integration, test procedure development and maintenance, test setup conceptualization and execution, test data acquisition and analysis, and test reporting. Additionally, candidate will be responsible for reviewing test procedures written by peers and offering feedback and suggestions, developing a subject matter expert level of understanding in the area of aircraft hydraulic and pneumatic subsystem testing procedures, processes, and standard practices, presenting to team leadership, performing the duties of this position with limited supervision, and actively participating with other test engineers (and engineers from other disciplines) in the performance of test failure troubleshooting and corrective action.
A successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic system component design or testing, gas and fluid flow rate and leak testing, and the typical electro-mechanical components, test requirements, and methodologies used in the aerospace industry. Candidate must be able to work closely with engineers of the same and other disciplines, project leaders, and technicians supporting a production line.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or other STEM field with equivalent experience in support of aircraft mechanical subsystem design or test
- Minimum of 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance investigated within the past 5 years
- At least 1 year experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical writing skills with at least 1 year experience developing technical work instructions
- Ability to develop and read/understand engineering blueprints/drawings
- Past mechanical system production, design, or test experience
- Experience using NX or equivalent CAD tools
- Experience using CPLM/TeamCenter or equivalent Lifecycle Management tool
- Knowledge of aircraft ground support or test equipment, hands on operation of such equipment a plus
- Experience working with fully assembled aircraft systems in a production environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top