Principal Engineer Mechanical
This Principal Mechanical Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for leading mechanical spacecraft integration & test activities and to provide Mechanical Engineering support to cross functional departments while working in conjunction with Design Engineering and I&T Managers. They shall lead the execution of various mechanical aspects of the ESPA Star product line while guaranteeing quality, optimizing cost and schedule, and meeting program and customer requirements. Operations are performed in a clean room level manufacturing environment where I&T engineers coordinate, monitor, and oversee system-level integration activities performed by the technical staff at Northrop Grumman's Gilbert Az. Campus.
- The Ideal candidate shall possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, plus five years minimum of related experience in manufacturing or Mechanical Operations
- US Citizenship
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- T his position may require off hour shift work, weekend work, and extended daily hours to meet production demands
- Launch campaign support and short term travel may be required on an irregular basis as required to support program schedules
- Candidate must possess technical skills including good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication ability.
- The candidate should have knowledge and experience with handling space flight components or fragile hardware and have a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- The candidate should be proficient at interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- The candidate should be able to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and offer solutions.
- The candidate should have the ability to author/oversee technical Work Instructions and procedures for use in I&T activities..
- Minimal experience with 3D Modeling is required. Business tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TipQA, Windchill, Solumina MES, Costpoint, and CREOView are desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top