Principal Engineer Mechanical
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking talented Mechanical Engineers to join the Undersea Systems Business Unit located in Annapolis, MD. Come join the Undersea Systems team where innovation and quality thrive!
Our work supports the protection of freedom and democracy through the advancement of technology and humandiscovery. We are looking for people with bold new ideas and the courage to take creative risk toward developingexpansive new capabilities. We do work that has never been done beforeand have fun along the way.
The successful candidate Mechanical Engineer will:
- Provide technical leadership in the conception, analysis and design of complex mechanical underwater systems,handling systems and underwater vehicles.
- Support and/or lead development of system design concepts, evaluation of system characteristics including system tradestudies, subsystem design, and integration and test.
- Demonstrate a background in designing for manufacturability, with a knowledge of fabrication processes for marinestructures and subsystems, and proficiency in common design tools and analytical techniques.
- Present experience in the development of mechanical systems test programs, including integration and testing, withknowledge of related electrical and software systems, underwater cables & connectors, winch/cable systems, electronicpackaging, and mechanisms.
- Project leadership is a plus.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field with a minimum of 5years' of experience with a BS, 3 years' of experience with a MS, or 0 years' of experience with a PhD.
- Active or Current TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
- Moderate proficiency in common engineering /office tools (including MathCad, MatLab, FEA, MS Office) and analyticaltechniques including: basic structural, thermal and machine design.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD programs such as NX and knowledge of engineering drawing development.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of amultidisciplinary team in a fast paced environment
- In addition to the basic qualifications, specific experience in design and/or analysis supporting ocean engineering, navalarchitecture or marine engineering, including structures, material sciences, and mechanical systems packaging for deepocean applications.
- Leadership and/or project management experience is desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top