Principal Engineer Material Process
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Parts, Materials, and Process Engineer 3 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This PM&P Engineer will be tasked with supporting the Metallurgy and Metals Processing section. The ideal candidate will have technical working experience with heat treatment, brazing, welding, forging, and/or chemical processing.
The PM&P Engineer analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. This individual applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. The candidate develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications.
- Material analysis
- Failure analysis of components, systems, and subsystems
- Material life predictions
- Definition and requirement specifications.
- Review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with heat treatment and chemical processing
- Technical experience with material analysis, failure analysis, and component analysis
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and SCI access
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active In-Scope Secret Security Clearance with SCI Program Access
- Experience applying principles in material behavior to develop metallic processing specifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top