Principal Engineer Manufacturing
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer, to join our Manufacturing Engineering team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida, where technology and teamwork come together.
The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering Team at the Melbourne Design Center of Excellence working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive, proactive and team environment.
• Maintains configuration of the aircraft to Engineering requirements
• Provides guidance to Engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize existing equipment and manufacturing techniques
• Translates Engineering requirements into a product build package
• Collaborates with tool design on manufacturing requirements
• Controls the flow of parts
• Coordinates make vs. buy part decisions
• Structures Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM)
• Defines sequence of operations and specifies procedures for product build
• Ensures manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with customer requirements
• Follows manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control and supporting data collection.
• Uses established manufacturing engineering procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment used to fabricate products
• Supports the build and test of product
• Clears constraints affecting production of aircraft
• Investigates and initiates corrective actions and improvements in product quality and efficiency
• Collaborates with tool design to ensure product build is repeatable
• Oversees the integration of aircraft assembly technologies and processes
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex and difficult problems
• Experience integrating products from engineering design to manufacturing floor
• Provides detailed written instructions that help facilitate product fabrication
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have an active in-scope DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted / renewed within the past 5-6 years
- Must have the ability to obtain program access
- Must have experience providing technical manufacturing based expertise with a focus on design to cost principles without jeopardizing performance, safety and quality
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with developing enhancement processes that improve production shop floor efficiencies
- Experience with reviewing engineering models during concept design phase to correlate the manufacturing desired final engineering model
- Excellent communicator, ability to provide product improvement proposals and present to engineering designers and technical team for approval
- Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs and tooling assemblies or equipment
- Experience with aircraft survivability principles and implementation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top