Principal Engineer Embedded Software
- Rolling Meadows, IL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precis precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to be responsible for full life-cycle product development of subsystems and defense electronics as well as customization of current systems to support customer needs.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be involved in requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, design and verification using state of the art tools and techniques. These products and systems power the next generation of products. Our products are integrated with our customers' machines and systems and many of the applications are highly customized and unique.
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with embedded software design experience with a focus on hardware and software interactions on real time systems.
For Principal Software Engineer, Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum of 3 years.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering discipline
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- Knowledge in programming embedded software using: C and Object Oriented C++
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management
- US Citizenship and Top Secret clearance
- Experience programming embedded software such as: C and C++.
- Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net, Java.
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core,secure processing, Big Data, GP-GPU.
- Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or Embedded Linux
- Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Rhapsody
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML, SysML, OOAD and OOP
- Experience with interfaces such as: 1553, Ethernet, Fiber, USB, Serial and/or PCI-E.
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication
skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go getter attitude
- US citizen with active Top Secret clearance with SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top