Principal Engineer Electronics
- Ventura, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are seeking a motivated Electronics Engineer 3 to join a dedicated, highly engaged field engineering team in southern California.
Here you will have the opportunity to support a variety of unique electrical, electronic and electromechanical systems designed for marine applications on a meaningful program.
The types of systems supported include:
•Power Conversion and Distribution
•Motors and Motor Controllers
•Industrial Controls, Connectors & Cabling
Although this is primarily an electrical engineering position, being at a field site offers involvement in almost every aspect of product design and program support. The ideal candidate brings solid engineering skills along with a multi-disciplined background, a hands-on work ethic, and a good understanding of engineering fundamentals.
This opportunity involves a broad spectrum of tasking that will rely heavily on the candidate's existing skills and experience, such as:
•Designing embedded systems, circuits and electronic assemblies
•Writing and debugging software/firmware
•Generating formal engineering documentation (drawings, procedures, etc.)
•Engineering oversight for manufacturing, assembly, and installation of equipment
•Hands-on testing and troubleshooting
•Operation of equipment and systems (deployed at sea)
Deploying at sea with customer personnel is not a requirement, but many of our engineers choose to do so because it allows them to experience and evaluate the real world performance of the systems they have designed and built.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of related experience including electrical or electronics design, testing and debugging (3 years with a technical MS degree or 0 years with a PhD)
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience including some of these: C, C++, C#, SQL, XML, MS Visual Studio .NET, and MS Windows application development
- Active TS/SCI or equivalent
- Experience with embedded systems, software development, computer networks, data communications, analog and digital circuit design, solids modeling, engineering drawings and technical writing.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks is desirable
- Experience with marine systems is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top