Principal Engineer Electronics
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Airborne C4ISR Field Engineering is seeking an experienced Electronics Engineer for our Advanced Programs business area.
The Engineer will support AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) products at the Baltimore campus initially, and then later at the customer's location. This position will be based in Baltimore and will require an eventual long-term assignment of at least 2 year in the field (on site in California). Relocation costs to and from the customer's site are covered. Extension of the assignment is possible based on follow-on contract option(s) and the candidate's desire to stay at the assignment location.
The selected engineer will have the opportunity to work on the non-classified aspects of the program/system/hardware at our Baltimore campus prior to being eligible to takethe long-term assignment to the customer's site in California. Other locations (including OCONUS) may be available to the interested candidate as future assignments.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Knowledge of electrical/electronic fundamentals needed for troubleshooting of AESA systems
* Lab testing
* Test Development
* Data Analysis
* Field Repair Support
* Mission Support
* Field Logistical and administrative support
* Customer technical liaison
Candidate must be an effective communicator and possess good organizational skills to manage frequent intra-organizational and customer interaction.
Security requirements: This position requires a DOD Top Secret (TS) clearance. Ideally, a TS with SCI clearance is desired prior to start, but candidates with the ability and desire to obtain and maintain high clearance will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, or other closely related STEM area plus 5 years of relevant experience (3 years with an MS degree).
- Must be willing and able to take on a 2-year assignment in California after trained and cleared
- Must be able to work some off shift hours as needed
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret clearance
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience highly desired in the following areas: integration and test techniques; MATLAB, or related signal analysis tools; interfacing protocols, test equipment, and customer interaction.
- Current SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top