Principal Engineer Electronics
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Electronics Engineer/Responsible Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Our team is looking for a highly-motivated mid-level engineer who is a self-starter. This job entails the build-up, configuration, integration, and delivery of networked hardware ground systems ranging in complexity from a single rack of equipment to 40+. This role is similar in nature to system level chief engineering and system level project management. It will entail the successful build of a system using engineering drawings, configuration & recovery documentation, startup & shutdown procedures, ATP/Delivery, as well as post-delivery support.
Our team operates in 3 segments: Design Engineering, DevOps, and Responsible Engineering. Our Design Engineering team engineers the system design and produces the documentation required to physically build a system. Our DevOps team engineers the system configuration produces the documentation needed to configure the system network and install a COTS baseline. Our Responsible engineering team physically builds, configures, and sustains the system. Our Responsible Engineers are often asked to lead a team of technicians for system builds.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with a Minimum of 5 years of STEM related experience or 3 years and a Master's Degree
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree
- Drafting Experience (Catia, Visio, or equivalent)
- Ground Systems Experience
- Teamcenter Experience
- Configuration Management Experience
- Quality Assurance Experience
- Intermediate Understanding of Windows
- Intermediate Understanding of Unix
- Intermediate Understanding of VMware
- Intermediate Understanding of Networking
- EVMS Exposure
- Tech Writing Experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Special Program Access
Back to top