Principal Engineer Electronic Hardware Design
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Ground Systems Development Department (part of NG Space Systems Sector) in Manhattan Beach, CA is seeking a talented Principal Electrical Engineer to develop, test, and integrate complex ground based electronic test systems and electronic hardware units which support spacecraft flight programs. This individual would act as a responsible design engineer (RDE) of hardware on our program.
The candidate would be responsible for electronic hardware development including: architecture design, detailed design, performing customer briefings/reviews, hardware test, site integration, and post-delivery support. Primary deliverables are flight electronics test systems and satellite system operational ground based hardware.
The candidate will work closely with other engineering functions in a team environment, including: Flight Engineering, Systems Engineering, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Production, Procurement, and Program Management to meet schedule and technical requirements.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience with design, integration, and test of at least one or more of the following:
- Digital, Analog, or RF circuits
- Electronic drawers/units
- Test fixtures
- Electronic test systems
- Test Set Rack development
- Small to large electronic systems.
- Space Vehicle Payload or Bus test suites, and/or Operational Ground systems
- PCB/CCA design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic unit design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Test System (Test Set) design, development, test, and post-delivery support
- Space Vehicle (SV) payload and bus electronics test set development and SV testing
- Developing and present design reviews for internal and external customers
- Developing final performance data packages
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other related STEM degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of experience in an Engineering Environment; OR, a minimum of 3 years of experience with a STEM Master's degree; OR, 0 years of experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- Design and test experience in electronics technology
- Active DOD, SCI, or SSBI clearance
- Design and test experience in more than one: Digital/Analog/RF technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
Back to top