Principal Engineer Electromechanical
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Principal Electromechanical Engineer to join the Electronics and Payloads' Product Engineering Department. The position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA. The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~100 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space and air programs. The responsibilities include mechanical design & analysis using computer-aided design (CAD), conducting packaging trades, tolerance and interference analyses, generating drawing packages & associated electronic data, and supporting the fabrication, assembly and test of the hardware.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SCI clearance
- 3D CAD and mechanical design experience
- Experience leading or supporting a team of over 5 employees
- Experience working with different partners across organizations and programs
- Proficiency in performing tolerance and interference analyses
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with electronic packaging / mechanical design for airborne & space applications
- Experience with electronics design development and sustaining spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with PTC Creo / Intralink and Enovia software applications
- Experience with or knowledge of analytical / FEM SW tools
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Proficiency with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- An active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top