Principal Engineer Electrical Testing
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.Plans and performs tests of electrical component card assemblies and boxes. Tasks include developing test procedures and test scripts, executing test procedures, and troubleshooting anomalies found during testing.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Have extensive experience with testing and integrating digital and analog circuit card assemblies and boxes.
- Have prior flight electronic test and integration experience.
- Have extensive experience with interpreting schematic diagrams and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits.
- Have working knowledge with C code, Python and TCL.
- Have prior experience with working in class ISO 8 or better cleanroom.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to work independent.
- Can understand Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) designs implemented in Verilog sufficiently enough for troubleshooting problems found in testing.
- Familiarity with Mentor DxDesigner/Expedition tool suite.
- Familiarity with Mentor Hyperlynx tool suite.
- Familiarity with LabView programming environmentNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
Back to top