Principal Engineer Electrical - Omega Program
- Rockledge, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer (Systems Engineer) to support OmegA Programs, Launch Operations and Infrastructure team in our Cape Canaveral, Florida office.
The Principal Electrical Engineer reports to the Electrical Chief Engineer for non-recurring development, recurring launch vehicle operations, processing and launch facilities and infrastructure. Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs with detailed direction from more senior engineers. Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more complex design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Support test plans required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component and subsystem supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. He/she works closely with multi-disciplinary staff engineers, design engineering firms, vendors and construction contractors.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards. Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
• The candidate may also work in conjunction with a project manager to develop schedules, track progress, and support internal and external program and customer meetings.
• With supervision, analyze project requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs.
• With supervision, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
• Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
• Problem Solving/Innovation - With guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
• Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
• Participates in the creation of and changes to system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
• Write technical procedures.
• Travel as needed: expectation of 10% - 20%
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
US Citizenship required
• Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science. Or, 3 years with Master's degree or 0 years with Ph.D in Engineering
• Candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
o Plan and execute complex, fast paced projects
o Communicate technically complex topics and scenarios clearly and concisely
o Build relationships necessary to function efficient teams
• Experience in design, test or operations.
• Experience in System Architecture, Design and Analysis, System Installation, Testing, Operation, Trouble-shooting, and direct experience in launch vehicle electrical, instrumentation systems, ground support equipment (EGSE), Command and Control, and software system testing and operations.
• Experience working directly with NASA, US Air Force, and Range Safety technical experts and customers.
• Launch vehicle and operations experience
Skills & Qualifications:
• Computer Knowledge: CAD, MS Office, Analysis software, Some Programming (ie. python, Matlab, C++/C#)
• Ability to build and test various electronic and electro-mechanical systems using standard tools and test equipment.
• Strong integrated program teamwork skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top