Principal Engineer Electrical
Based on specific objectives, perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
1. Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
2. Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
Supports team decisions and goals.
Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
Disciplined with escalation when required.
4. Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
5. Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
6. Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
7. Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
8. Involvement in national or international engineering association.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
( TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED )
Aerospace industry preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top