Principal Engineer Design Structures
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is looking for a Principal Structural Design Engineer to support structural design/liaison/MRB activities.
The structural design engineer will be responsible for composite and metallic structural design, as well as liaison/MRB activities in
Palmdale, CA. The selected candidate will provide support to multiple aircraft programs in both unclassified and classified
The successful candidate will be responsible for new conceptual layouts, detailed engineering designs of metallics and
composites, modifications, integration of advanced technologies, BTP/PDP releases, performing technical reviews, and supporting liaison/MRB activities as needed.
The candidate is expected to be thoroughly versed for primary Structural Design and GD&T. CATIA V5 and/or NX experience is required.
FiberSIM experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with 5+ years of engineering experience, or 3+ years of experience with a Master's Degree.
• Experience with Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Experience with BTP development, applicable notes, BOM, sign-off process.
• Experience with CPLM, Teamcenter, FiberSIM, CATIA V5 and/or NX-CAD.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
• Master's Degree or PhD in ME, AE or Civil Eng (Structures) Design emphasis.
• Expert knowledge of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Demonstrated affordability approaches in structural designs, including integration of platform build sequences and
designing for manufacturing.
• Minimum 3 years of aircraft/spacecraft design experience, including clean sheet airframe layout, detailed drawing releases, and supporting build.
• Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
• Recent experience as structural design lead.
• Team player and demonstrated exceptional collaboration.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top