Principal Engineer Circuit Design (Synthesizer & PLL)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking an Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design (Synthesizer & PLL) to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The selected candidate will work on the Power and Control Products team within the Electronics and Payloads directorate. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities range from designing, analyzing, and testing phase locked loops, frequency synthesizers, high speed mixed signal control systems, and other RF electronics. The ideal candidate will be working through all phases of the development process ranging from bid proposals to product qualification and delivery.
- Develop power and control electronics architectures and generate requirement
- Conduct circuit design, analysis, and simulations
- Perform Hardware testing and validation
- Provide manufacturing test support on deliverable hardware
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment; or a STEM Master's degree and 3 years of engineering experience; or a STEM PhD. degree
- Experience in analog or mixed signal circuit board design
- Proficiency with MATLAB and PSpice
- Knowledge of control systems and feedback theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control Systems or Communications and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with the design of phase locked loop, frequency synthesizers, and high speed mixed signal control systems
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities
- Experience supporting proposal activities
Back to top