Principal Engineer Aeronautics
- Plymouth, MN
Contributes to design, development and analysis of aerospace vehicles utilized in precision weapons systems. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the full scope of system development from initial clean sheet of paper design/concept development all the way through final system design and field testing. This job will encompass a variety of design, analysis and testing responsibilities.
B.S., M.S. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field. 5+ years of work experience in aerodynamic data collection, data reduction and aero model development. Airframe design experience and previous experience interfacing with GN&C engineers is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications (Some Subset of the following):
- Aeroballistics / aerodynamics prediction codes and flowfield analysis (CFD: Star-CCM, Missile DATCOM, PRODAS)
- 6-DOF projectile trajectory analysis (PRODAS)
- Airframe aeroshape/OML/fins/strakes/canards designer
- Conventional munition airframe designer
- Wind Tunnel run matrix definition and data analysis
- Live Fire test data analysis (Radar, OBR, HS Video)
- Error budget development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top