Principal Engineer Aeronautical - Launcher Analysis
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems specializes in the development, manufacturing, assembly, and testing of missile launching and handling systems, propulsion, and power generation systems for naval surface ships and submarines. We areseeking a Principal Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineer with system level structural dynamic response experience to join our team. This position will be located in Sunnyvale, California with the opportunity to occasionally telecommute. The successful candidate will support current and future launcher programs on development, use, and application of physics based modeling and simulation analysis tools. Candidate may also assist in the development of computational fluid dynamic and heat transfer performance assessment models for missile launching systems. Models will have a focus on thermodynamics (thermal), fluid mechanics, and structural dynamics. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and 5+ years of engineering experience in a physics based modeling and simulation environment or 3+ years with a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline.
- Programming or software development experience in general engineering languages (i.e. Matlab, C++, Fortran, Python)
- Proficiency with MS Office and UNIX based workstations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to obtain a security clearance.
- Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical or StructuralEngineering or a closely related technical discipline
- Test Data Reduction and Analysis
- Experience with fluid-structure interaction (FSI)
- Experience with conjugate heat transfer
- Experience with the use and execution of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) codes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top