Principal Engineer Aeronautica
Contributes to design, development and analysis of aerospace vehicles utilized in precision weapons systems.A successful candidate will have the opportunity toparticipate inthefull scope of system developmentfrom initial clean sheet of paper design/concept development all the way through final system design and field testing.This job willencompass a variety of design, analysis and testing responsibilities.
B.S., M.S. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field. 5+ years of w ork experience in aerodynamic data collection, data reduction and aero model development. Airframe design experience and previous experience interfacing with GN&C engineers is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Some subset of the following items:
- Aeroballistics / aerodynamics prediction codes and flowfield analysis (CFD: Star-CCM, Missile DATCOM, PRODAS)
- 6-DOF projectile trajectory analysis (PRODAS)
- Firing Tables (PRODAS / legacy FORTRAN codes)
- Surface Danger Zone (SDZ) Analysis (PRODAS and other analytical codes / methods)
- Airframe aeroshape/OML/fins/strakes/canards designer
- Conventional munition airframe designer
- Aerothermal heating load predictions (CFD:Star-CCM)
- Wind Tunnel run matrix definition and data analysis
- Spark Range run matrix definition and data analysis
- Live Fire test data analysis (Radar, OBR, HS Video)
- Error budget development
- Interior Ballistics (IB) Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top