Principal Energetics Mfg Engineer
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Prop ulsion Systems is currently seeking an Energetics Manufacturing Engineer to function as a Value Stream Element Team Leader (VSET) to provide leadership to our team at our Promontory, UT facility for multiple programs
Role description & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of a Test and Research Operations Value Stream Director, leads a specific element or product family within a value stream. Is responsible for delivering a product family through overall ownership and accountability of that product's value stream including: acceptance of requirements, product and process design, planning generation, product manufacture, inspection, acceptance and delivery to the downstream customer to meet cost and schedule requirements.
Works closely with the functional organizations (e.g. design, S&MA, process engineering, supply chain and operations) to effectively and efficiently staff the team as required. Manages and ensures effective concurrent engineering through the oversight and integration of all engineering and processing disciplines. Requests, acquires and manages resources within a matrix organization as necessary to accomplish the goals of the value stream.
The VSET leader is responsible for total team performance and works closely with the program office and plant functional organizations to accomplish program and company goals.
The VSET leader's primary focus is the design and manufacture of a defect free, highest value product that satisfies every customer requirement by focusing on and effectively integrating all elements and disciplines of the associated value stream. Special attention must be given to lessons learned that could affect or be applicable to multiple programs and processes.
The VSET leader's responsibilities include;
- All design, reliability, safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- The safety of personnel, facilities and product through the development and manufacturing lifecycle.
- Produced and procured designs, processes, suppliers, materials, facilities, inspection plans, tooling, etc.
- Managing financial performance of the value stream and its functional organizations. This includes tracking, reviewing and approval of PCR's as needed for submittal to the Program Office.
- Initiate and lead value enhancement and waste elimination efforts for all aspects of the component value stream utilizing PES principles for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other VSET leaders to ensure strong communication and collaboration is maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, material sciences engineering, or physics) required . An advanced degree in engineering is preferred
- BS with 5 years' experience
- MS with 3 years' experience
- Position can be filled one level higher, BS with 9 years' experience or MS with 7 years' experience
- Experience in engineering, program management, production and/or mission assurance roles where the candidate has developed a well-rounded background and understanding of our business and the product lifecycle.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top