Principal Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Electromagnetic Enivornmental Effects Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Testing and documenting hardware performance at the piece part level through platform level.
- Assisting lead engineers in decomposing electromagnetic environment (EME) system level requirements.
- Assisting in the final assembly by applying electrical bonding in engineering processes for EME compliance.
- Performing and documenting electrical bonding.
- Assist in EME department process improvement efforts to enhance testing, methods and data reductions.
- Provide status at Program milestone meetings.
- Develop pre and post-test briefings demonstrating EME compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining test specifications, procedures, schedules and hardware metrology
- Some travel will be required.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience OR
* Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of system engineering
* 5+ years of experience in RF, Test or design engineering
* 2+ years of experience with MIL-STD 461 / MIL-STD 464
* Active and in scope DoD Secret or higher level clearance
* Master's Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of applied experience.
* Proficiency in MATLAB or RF modeling software tools such as FEKO
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top