Principal Electrical Engineer
- Clinton, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently recruiting for an Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team at the Clearfield, Utah location.
Candidate will be responsible for the design of power, controls and process instrumentation per the NEC including hazardous classified locations. Provide detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation. Troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment. Develop electrical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment. Integrate and specify electrical equipment for robotics, PLC's, servo drives, instrumentation and HVAC equipment. Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to control a variety of processes, machine tools, and robotics. Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell Software programming.
- Designing, building, supporting, and continuing the development of automated manufacturing machines and systems.
- Learning the details of currently implemented control system hardware and software for automated machines.
- Supporting production in using the machines and integrating upgrades as needed.
- Assisting maintenance personnel as needed when troubleshooting the equipment.
- Participating in R&D efforts to improve system capabilities and bring new ideas into projects.
- Overseeing and directing day-to-day efforts of tradesmen during machine build activities.
- Strictly follows and adheres to departmental procedures and protocols
- Works with vendors to ensure successful fabrication of machines and systems
- Maintains documentation related to machine and systems design, fabrication and proofing
- Provides estimates for new equipment and systems
- Some travel to fabrication vendors and other Northrop Grumman facilities required
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal guidance and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to be trained and a willingness to work with others in a team environment
- Experience with project management including budget, schedule and technical
- Experience with design, fabrication and installation of equipment and systems for large structures, rocket composite parts and assemblies preferred
- Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
- Leadership ability.
- Technical attention to detail.
- Drive and motivation to be proactive in problem solving and continuous improvement
Back to top