Principal Database Engineer/ETL Specialist
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea---it's a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an ETL Specialist to provide database extract transform load (ETL) support at our customer's facility in Fairfield, California.
- Developing, modifying, testing, and deploying ETL modifications based on new customer requirements.
- Executing and monitoring ETL processes.
- Communicating with clients, developers and other team members.
- Maintaining ETL configuration and baseline within a Windows server environment.
- Troubleshooting issues with ETL connections, performance, or other errors.
- Updating, compiling, testing, and deploying changes in response to problem reports
- 5 years related experience with Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics or other scientific/technical discipline. 7 years related experience in lieuof having a degree.
- Strong familiarity with Oracle 11g/12c
- Experience with database programming/development using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers)
- Understanding of data warehousing, data quality processes
- Experience with data dictionaries, data analysis and relational databases
- Experience supporting and/or migrating data from other sources
- U.S. Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintaina DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Experience ingesting large amounts of data
- Ability to develop professional relationships
- DoD IT Experience
- Software development experience
- Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top