Principal Database Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Principal Database Engineer, located in Redondo Beach, CA to support development & testing of the program Command & Telemetry (C&T) Database. This includes supporting development of C&T data, telemetry format tables, telemetry displays, and development of database tools. The selected individual will also support testing of the database and associated products prior to incremental releases, and provide customer support to users of database products
- Designing and developing relational databases
- Coding and utilizing SQL to perform data manipulation and extraction of data to create reports
- Developing interface control documents to control the C&T data formats and conventions
- Reviewing C&T data in unit equipment specifications and subsystem specifications
- Defining and integrating unit and subsystem data into the program C&T database
- Supporting the development of telemetry format tables and display pages
- Supporting the data management and configuration management of the program C&T database
- Providing support to C&T user organizations such as Integration & Test, Spacecraft SIM, Ground Element, and System Operations
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years of engineer experience with a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level
- Active SSBI clearance
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
- Spacecraft and/or payload electrical design integration, cable & harness design, and/or command & telemetry database development background with experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
- Understanding of electrical interface standards such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, RS-422, etc.
- Experience working on electrical design and troubleshooting efforts.
- Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as PSPICE, and/or database management software such as Microsoft Access or ORACLE.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Routed Systems Designer (RSD), and HarneSys, and/or CATIA V5 harness development tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top