Principal Cyber Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
• Information assurance
• Vulnerability assessment
• Threat mitigation
• Network administration & security
• Host-based security systems
• Ability to streamline and improve processes, enhance productivity, and implement reliable solutions.
• Ability to motivate, lead, and interface seamlessly with cross-functional teams in a varied technology environment.
• Consistent track record of managing projects efficiently and delivering results on time and within budget.
• Experience with networking, firewalls, intrusion detection, and penetration testing.
• Experience with HAIPE and/or NSA Type 1 crypto/key management development and integration.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Math and at least 5 years of applied experience or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Math and 3 years of applied experience
• ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
• Active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance
• The ability to obtain program access
• Master's in Electrical Engineering
• Experience implementing cryptographic algorithms in software.
• Experience with multiple operating systems, such as Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
• Experience with networking, firewalls, intrusion detection, and penetration testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top