Principal Cyber Sys Engr
This position is for a Lab Operations Cyber Info Assurance Analyst at Tinker AFB. This position will require travel to Melbourne, Florida for the first 4 months. During the 4 month period you will learn all facets of the job in an operational environment followed by returning to Tinker Air Force Base to begin work at that location.
This position will entail maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
• Maintain availability of Test Station and Software Development Environment
• Collecting and reporting system data metrics
• Ensure systems adhere to program configuration and data management plans
• Providing software maintenance and installing software upgrades and patches
• Ensure Lab Operations Policy and Procedures as being executed and updated (E0-7409 and Lab Ops Standard Operating Procedures)
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of cyber and/or systems administration experience OR
• Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of cyber and/or systems administration experience
• Current DoD 8570 Level 2 Certification, such as Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, or CYSA+
• A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
• Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start
• Systems Administration experience, to include Windows, Linux, and VM environments
• Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 3 years of professional experience
• Previous cybersecurity, Information Assurance experience, and/or system administration experience
• Active Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification
• VMware environment experience and certification
• Minimum 5+ years of systems administration experience, to include Windows, Linux, and VM environments
• Understanding of enterprise-level computing platforms involving virtualization, distribution and high availability
• Experience implementing storage allocation, reclamation, replication and migration
• Knowledge of various storage systems VNX/Unity/XTREMIO
• Hands-on configuration, management and design VMware Horizon
• A current DoD Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top