Principal Cyber Software Engineer - TS/SCI/Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated Java Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
• Conducts independent, multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
• Be the team's Scrum Master responsible for leading the scrum team through the Agile development process and ensure they adhere to the agile process.
• Ability to create documentation
• Have good communication skills
• Ability to formulate and articulate an approach to solve problems
• Ability to work independently; is a self-starter
• Previous experience leading an Agile Scrum team at a fast-paced environment
• Ability to triage scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing & external dependencies.
• Active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph clearance
• Minimum Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. System Engineering, Business or related discipline. Six years of relevant work experience may substitute for a degree
• Minimum of 7 years of application system development experience (a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering will be considered equivalent to 5 years of experience)
• Experience testing, debugging and refining computer/application software to produce the required product
• Experience in Java/J2EE and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns.
• Be Scrum Master certified or willing to obtain a SM certification prior to being hire
• Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
• Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications
• Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), Agile Software
• Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API's, and JSON is preferred.
• Experience enhancing software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency
• Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns.
• Cloud experience and/or certifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top