Principal Cyber Software Engineer - TS/SCI w/poly clearance required
- Annapolis Junction, MD
In today's conflicts, a new battlefield is arising - one where traditional systems aren't the only ones targeted. At Northrop Grumman, we create unrivaled, full-spectrum cyber solutions to actively combat these threats. Our offensive and defensive capabilities act as powerful deterrents, while built-in resiliency hardens systems so that when attacked, they're protected. That's why we're a leader in end-to-end Cyber for the modern world. We're seeking a Principal Cyber Software Engineer who wants to join our team on this cyber battlefield. The position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Principal Cyber Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and five years of software development experience. Four years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degrees.
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top