Principal Cryogenic Propulsion Engineer Systems
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Cryogenic Propulsion Engineer Systems to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include performing analysis of thermal fluid systems, developing system architecture and performing system analysis, developing requirements, creating supplier procurement specifications and statements of work.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and experience with the design, analysis and/or test of cryogenic propulsion systems. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
- Perform system and component analyses of complex cryogenic fluid thermal systems
- Component engineering and testing
- Component and propulsion system manufacturing and test
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with cryogenic propulsion systems, fluid/thermal systems and/or components
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or an SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or Active SCI Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience developing cryogenic fluid component equipment specifications
- Experience performing cryogenic propulsion testing
- Experience with hardware procurement/supply chain operations.
- Experience as a team lead
- Competent in MATLAB/Simulink, ROCETS, TDK, SINDA/FLUINT and similar analysis tools
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top