Principal Contract Administrator (TOP SECRET REQUIRED) - Palmdale, CA or San Diego, CA
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our
Nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, builds and delivers aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Come be a part of our mission!
The Strike Division at Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team as a Contracts Administrator based out of San Diego, California.
What You'll Get to Do:
Working with team you will help manage the contract change process through proposal development. You will provide leadership and guidance throughout the negotiation process with an eye on mitigating risk. You will resolve questions on contractual requirements and interpretation. You will monitor contracts for compliance while protecting the contract baseline from scope creep.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct change proposal preparation activities in accordance with company policies and customer specifications. Evaluate changes and their immediate and potential impacts.
- Analyze and identify risks and develop risk avoidance strategies in order to maximize profit and minimize investment.
- Conduct reviews on all relevant terms and conditions and their impacts to the business strategy. Identify flow-down requirements to all appropriate organizations.
- Negotiate profit and provide profit justification to the customer, ensuring that the profit is consistent with and appropriate for the contract type and identified program risks.
- Utilize knowledge of FAR, DFARS and other customer-specific regulations and provide advice on their applicability and impact.
- Verify with Program Manager that all technical requirements have been properly reviewed and a clear technical baseline is included in contract documents.
- Following contract award, communicate the contract schedule and scope requirements to program team.
- Monitor contract cost performance in concert with Program Business Management and Finance.
- Work with key stakeholders for contract close-out activities.
- Prior experience with various contract types such as Cost types, Firm Fixed Price, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Back to top