Principal Contract Administrator - San Diego, CA
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- 6 years of Contract Administration Experience or related field with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field or a Master's Degree with 4 years of experience.
- Strong familiarity with compliance requirements and regulations associated with government contract acquisition and fulfillment
- Extensive knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret and/or Top Secret clearance
- Demonstrated strong strategic negotiation skills
- Advanced Degree (MBA or Law)
- Experience with Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), and Fixed Price Contracts
- Active Security Clearance
- Direct Aerospace and Defense Industry Contracting Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top