Principal Contract Administrator
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Contract Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Principal Contract Administrator will be required to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks as well as this possess the ability to work well with others in high-stress high-volume situations, effectively interface with internal functional and program organizations, effectively deal with external customers and meet program goals/objectives.
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Experience with Cost reimbursable contracts, negotiations and closeouts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- This position requires a background in contract administration, risk assessment/communication, strong negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player but also a strong independent contributor, will be proactive, will present leadership skills, will possess good analytical skills, will demonstrate problem solving skills, will be detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills with a proactive and strategic mindset.
- Fundamental knowledge of the FAR and DFARs, general knowledge of pre and post-award federal government contracting industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex contracts administration tasks, to include proposal preparation, the development of change orders and processing of inter-company work orders.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Works under only very general supervision.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience with highly effective verbal and written communications and presentation communication
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of Contract Administrator experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 4+ year of Contract Administrator experience.
- Experience and understanding of SAP applications.
- Knowledge and experience with various contract types including cost reimbursable, cost plus, fixed price, time and materials required.
- Experience with various types of agreements, including Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (JD, MBA, etc.)
- Current active US Secret government security clearance.
- Recent experience as a Contracts Professional in the defense industry
- Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and other U.S. Federal Government contracting regulations.
- Experience with multiple contract types
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman businesses, policies and practices.
Back to top