Principal Contract Administrator
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Northrop Grumman Global Logistics & Modernization Division of Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for aPrincipal Contract Administrator to join our Oklahoma City Aircraft Sustainment & Modernization Center (ASMC) in Oklahoma City, OK.
This position will require demonstrated communication skills and will represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. This position will require interaction with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations and may develop and deliver presentations.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administering, extending, negotiating and terminating standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducting proposal preparation (preparing bids), contract negotiation, contract administration, review and approval of contractual documentation and customer contact activities to protect the company and provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Processing specifications, progress, and other reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical information.
Youwill have a complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards and full knowledge of industry practices. You will also exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of6 years relevant experience in U.S. Government contract administration and management -OR- Masters Degree with a minimum of4 years relevant experience.
- Abilityto effectively work with the management of other organizations (program management, subcontracts, business management, and supply chain management) as well as representatives of Government agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with FAR and DFARS, especially with FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15. Experience with various contract types such as Time & Material, Cost types, Firm Fixed Price, etc.
- Must have capable & effective proposal development skills, excellent negotiation skills, anddemonstrated ability to communicate within various levels ofan organization.
- Must possess excellent decision making skills that support resolution of complex problems while minimizing risk to the Corporation.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work as a team player, be proactive in identifying and resolving problems, have excellent organizational skills, and effective time management skills.
- Ability to brief internal and external customers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in U.S. Government Department of Defense contract administration & management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others to include mentoring and developing a team.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- National Contract Management Association - Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desired.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
- Current Secret security clearance
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top