Principal Contract Administrator
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector is seeking a Principal Contracts Administrator (Level 3) to support the Strategic Space Systems Division for their Redondo Beach, CA location. This individual will provide direct support to the Resiliency and Rapid Prototyping Operating Unit.
The selected candidate will have a unique role, with dual responsibilities in both contracts and cost management.
Essential Contracts Functions:
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information/files.
- Experience with various contract types including cost type (fixed fee, award fee, incentive fee) and fixed price required.
- Experience with various types of agreements, including Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements required.
- Ability to independently perform moderately complex contracts administration tasks.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Works under only very general supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
Essential Finance Functions:
- Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and forecasted
- Performs analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost baselines.
- Creates financial charts in support of program management and program reviews.
- Oversees billings and collections to the customer to assure timely cash flow.
- Provides business oversight, interface with applicable customers and auditors (internal and external) and assist with contract negotiations as needed to ensure sound business deals within authorized parameters are achieved.
- Interfaces with diverse functional areas to ensure risks are understood and financial performance is achieved.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 5 years of Contract Administration experience OR Master's Degree from an accredited university and 3 years of Contract Administration experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, SAP, and Wide Area Work Flow.
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and other U.S. Federal Government contracting regulations.
- Must have active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top