Principal Contract Administrator
- Brigham City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman Space Systems has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, orbiting space platforms and revolutionary launch vehicles. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. Northrop Grumman makes the impossible in space possible, every day.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Principal Contract Administrator in our Promontory (Brigham City), UT location.
Position will have responsibility for US Government programs contract management.
• The successful candidate will handle multiple small to large contract activities simultaneously.
• Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, contract closeout, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Examines and evaluates cost estimates and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Presents and negotiates contract terms and conditions, compiles and analyzes data, responsible for contract records management.
• Works to create logical solutions to contractual matters to ensure business unit compliance.
• Team building with internal functions: Program Management, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Mission & Safety Assurance, and Business Development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• 5 years experience in contract management or business management with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years of experience with a Master's degree
• Strong working experience with FAR and DFAR
• Familiarity with contract terms and conditions and in proposal development, negotiation, and contract administration.
• Understanding of commercial/US Government contractual instruments including contract type, terms and conditions, and contract financing vehicles.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Database capability also desired.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition, NASA Federal Acquisition, and ITAR requirements.
• Knowledge of the contract financing, milestone and, Performance Based payments, and budget planning process.
• Ability to analyze risk and financial data.
• MBA is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top