Principal Construction Quality Facilities Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Principal Construction Quality Facilities Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role you will support the execution and management of facilities projects that deliver sustaining infrastructure and new program facilitation requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Coordinate with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Prepare Scopes of Work and support.
- Participate in the review and estimation of costs, including design, equipment, installation, labor, materials, construction, and other related costs.
- Inspect construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Execute multiple facilities projects simultaneously.
- Forecast and report on project status, including key project metrics for Risk, Quality, Cost, and Schedule.
- Produce and implement risk mitigation and schedule recovery plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering Math) with 5 years of project management, construction management, or related facilities experience
- OR 3 years of project management, construction management, or related facilities experience with Master's Degree in STEM
- OR a PhD in related discipline
- Experience with design contracts and design reviews
- Experience with construction and commissioning
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in developing project statements of work
- Knowledge of facilities project management
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with the design and construction of cleanrooms
- Experience with the design and construction of classified facilities
- Experience with fire and security alarms and systems and remote monitoring
- Experience with energy management systems
- Experience with electrical systems and high-voltage electricity/substations
- Experience with reliability engineering
- Construction management experience
- Familiar with Building Automation Systems (BAS)
Back to top