Principal Computer Sytems Security Analyst (Splunk)
- Catonsville, MD
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Northrop Grumman Defense Systems team is seeking Principal Computer Systems Security Analyst to support our client in Woodlawn, MD. This position will perform the following roles and responsibilities:
•Create Splunk dashboards and queries.
•Develop scripts and code with security tools
•Develop processes and schedule to review existing methodologies and queries for all divisional metrics.
•Become knowledgeable on the CDM technical requirements for SSA's CDM program. Understand your role in CDM activities.
•Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
•Design, manage, and maintain agency SIEM infrastructure.
•Maintenance, configuration and implementing products, appliances and devices on the SSA's network
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience, Master's degree and 3 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of applied or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 6 years' experience using Splunk, specifically Splunk scripting and on-boarding of large collection of meta data from different sources into Splunk
• A minimum of 4 years of experience with:
o In-depth knowledge of designing, upgrading, maintaining and implementing network devices on a large scale enterprise
o Developing documentation with processes and procedures
o Proposing, implementing automation features in a large enterprise environment
• Minimum of 3 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance.
• C ompleted at least one of Splunk Certifications. At minimum, the candidate must have Splunk Core Certified Power User certification. Enterprise-Level Certifications is preferred.
• Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies a plus
• Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs
• Understanding of network technologies, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
• Self-starter, position is remote from the other team members.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top