Principal Computer Systems Architect Processors for Superconducting
Northrop GrummanMission Systems is seeking a Computer/Processor Architect to invent a new family of computers from a new family of digital logic!
Northrop Grumman's Advanced Technology Lab is developing a new family of digital logic known as Reciprocal Quantum Logic (RQL). On a gate for gate basis, RQL consumes five orders of magnitude less power than CMOS while running at significantly higher clock speeds. Having demonstrated its performance with basic circuits, we are now developing processors, memories, and larger systems.
The Computer/Processor Architect will design ultra low power supercomputing processors and computers using RQL. The Computer System Architect must have experience designing pipeline stages and data flow within a multi-core processor or high performance computer system. Experience in developing and implementing complex computing systems using state of the art approaches to high performance parallel processing is highly desired. Candidates must be comfortable working in a research environment with constantly shifting priorities and requirements.
* Designing instruction sets and commands for a massively parallel high-performance computer system.
* Designing data flow pathways for moving data within a massively parallel system efficiently and reliably.
* Optimizing parallel computing architectures for optimal performance on purpose built machines.
* Designing arithmetic logic units for efficient pipelined processing.
* Interacting with customers, both internal and external, to convey architecture principles and concepts.
- Efficient and effective communication of design and architecture to digital designers for implementation, simulation and synthesis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant technology field with 5 years of relevant experience (3 years with an MS; 0 years with a PhD)
- Must be fluent in VHDL
- Must be familiar with C and/or Matlab
- Previous computer architecture experience is required
- Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a security clearance in a timely manner
- Ability to use, configure, and manage a Cadence design
- Previous experience with the entire design process, from design through tape out, through test and acceptance
- A Master's degree or PhD in a related field is highly desired.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top