Principal Computer Systems Architect
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Special Test Equipment Engineering (STEE) team in Redondo Beach, CA, is seeking a Linux System Administrator to j oin our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space programs that provides IT support to restricted, DOD and unclassified systems.
- Installation and Maintenance of Enterprise Linux Servers and network systems
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protections on a routine basis
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Provide support to a large user base
- Performance and network tuning
The applicant will be expected to support a variety of diverse, dynamic environments. On call, 24/7 pager support during critical phases of testing, contingency operations and off-site as required. Job also requires candidate to be able to perform racking and cabling systems, preferably in an engineering or production environment.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Five (5) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree; or 3 years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree; or 0 years of relevant experience with a PHD.
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Meets DOD IAT requirements for security certs or be in the process of obtaining one. (i.e. Security+ certification)
- Familiarity in DevOps tools and practices - Configuration Management
- Experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 / 7 servers. Also helpful is experience with Centos OS and Ubuntu/Debian
- Experience with VMWare or other virtualization technologies
- Experience building, deploying/configuring, and troubleshooting open source applications
- Experience with backups and restoration, user support, and documentation
- Experience deploying/configuring, and troubleshooting COTS hardware, operating systems and software
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Tomcat, Apache, and other webserver installations
- Experience with scripting languages and automation, such as ansible, bash, python, and YAML.
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls and network tools
- Familiarity with Storage Area Networks (Netapps)
- Familiarity with networking (Cisco IOS/Nexus)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top