Principal Component Engineer
- Manhattan Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for Principal Component/ Standards Engineer to support connector, wiring and harness design, construction and installation to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Creating and maintaining part & process specifications to design, procure, assemble and install high reliability cables & harnesses. Assist design engineering with proper part selection and application. Participate in resolving design, manufacturing or supplier technical issues. Support anomaly investigations and failure analysis. Create test plans and procedures. Create and deliver briefings to update the team and management. Support Design Engineering, Procurement, Integration & Test, and Production.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field
- 5 years of engineering experience OR Masters of Science Degree in STEM( Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 3 years of engineering experience
- E xperience with supporting ongoing design of space-flight electronic assemblies
- Experience in parts, materials and process selection, manufacturing support, failure analysis, and processing of materials for space hardware
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Masters of Science Degree in STEM( Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical component engineering
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top