Principal Communications Systems Engineer / Sr. Principal Communications Systems Engineer - TS/SCI - Tactical Space Systems
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Integrated Operations is looking for an experienced Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers to understand and define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for MMSOC/EGS/Enterprise Ground Solutions by defining, adapting and deploying ground Software and communication systems required to operate the mission (pre-launch, post-launch).
Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
Responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines - to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. Coordinate and conduct PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities.
Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases, Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
- Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
- Ground support equipment - FEP's, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
- Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
- Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
- Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
- Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
- Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
- Ground segment requirements management and development
- Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking
- Command & Control and Mission Planning
- Ground terminal design.
- Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
- Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
- Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections
This position can be filled at the Principal or Sr. Principal Communications Systems Engineer position. Qualifications below for each level.
- Principal Communications Systems Engineer: Education / Experience: 5Years with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Sr. Principal Communications Systems Engineer: Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Familiarity with ground control centers
- Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
- DoD Security Experience: Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec - 5205.02 or Risk Management Framework - 8510.01
Back to top