Principal Communications System Field Engineer
- Rosamond, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Our team is looking for a highly-motivated mid-level Field Engineer who is a self-starter. This position performs the integration and troubleshooting of aviation related communications systems or component sub-systems, RF Line of Sight, SATCOM and tactical networks, ranging in complexity from a single rack of equipment to dozens. This role is similar in nature to system level chief engineering and system level project management. It will entail the successful sustainment of a system using engineering drawings, configuration & recovery documentation, system level troubleshooting, as well as live support.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 Years experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
• An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain special program access
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Ability to regularly work nights and weekends as required.
• Special Program Access
• Experience with Communication Systems such as SATCOM, LOS radios, or associated RF transmission systems
• Strong leadership, management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with a variety of networking protocols
• Aptitude to learn new material quickly
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top