Principal Communications Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communication Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of aviation related communications systems for a developmental program.
- Requirements management, system integration, test development/execution of various types of communications systems
- Perform RF communication system analysis and system performance trade studies
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to platform requirements
- Perform review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration
- Perform proposal activities such as creating task descriptions & basis of estimates, writing supplier statements of work, and performing technical evaluation of Supplier proposals.
- Plan out integration, test, and demonstration activities
- Perform responsible engineering activities to manage suppliers and ensure products meet the requirements within cost and schedule
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Coordinate across Integrated Product Teams to disseminate information and drive issues to closure.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field from an accredited university.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in Engineering or 3 years with a Master's Degree.
- Must have working experience with RF Systems.
- Must have experience in Communications Engineering
- Active DODTop Secret Security Clearance (within 5 year scope)
- Must have the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Masters Degree in an Engineering Discipline with minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications systems orcomponent sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- Active TS with SSBI investigation date in last 5 years
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development,
Production, Operations)and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- CAM experience, including working knowledge of EVMS and project schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top