Principal Comms Navigation Identification (CNI) Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal (CNI) Communication, Navigation, and Identification Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in our Manned Aircraft Design COE in Melbourne, FL.
The CNI Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and testing of aviation related communications systems for a developmental program. The successful individual is expected to be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is willing to work at a fast pace in a team setting.
- Support communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, requirements management, and integration on aircraft platforms.
- Perform review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, and system integration, and support test execution.
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to suppliers, (RE's) Responsible Engineers, Leadership, and other (IPT's) Integrated Product Teams as well as External Customers.
- Communicate technical information through reports and presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of STEM related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance at the DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Master's Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Physics or Computer Engineering
- An active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret level with the ability to obtain Special Program access.
- Experience with requirements generation and management utilizing DOORS.
- Requirement verification experience
- Systems integration support
- RF experience in Communications Systems or RADAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top