Principal Cloud Software Engineer
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal Cloud Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a Principal Software Engineer with Hadoop experience to augment the existing compute team for a large analytic cloud repository. This position will be assisting with design and developing code in support of transitioning current compute software to operate in a HA environment for the customer's various analytic hosting platforms.
- 15 years of experience in software development, with 4 years in the last 5 years as a lead or top level contributor on mission critical 24 by 7 SIGINT productions systems in one of the following areas:
- Voice or video processing system requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval.
- Transcription systems requiring input, synchronization and linkage with original content, storage, and retrieval.
- Field deployable voice processing systems including data capture of multiple audio formats playback, ingest, storage and retrieval.
- Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text.
- Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes
- Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
- Experience with Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Experience with Java development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top