- Manhattan Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Chemist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The position involves working in the Chemistry Laboratories group that performs chemical analyses to assist in resolving manufacturing, development, research, and technology issues for Northrop Grumman Corporation. The successful Principal Chemist will be capable and comfortable working independently, proactively, and collaboratively. The successful candidate will have the skills to evaluate and apply analytical chemistry techniques to solve a broad range of engineering problems associated with specific programs or research projects. The candidate should also have hands-on experience with thermal analysis instrumentation (TMA, TGA, DSC, rheology, etc). This individual must have effective social skills, data reduction and analysis, and technical writing ability to interface with a variety of disciplines. The successful candidate will be required to develop an internal customer base for the basis of their ongoing tasks.
- Capable of evaluating internal customer's technical problems
- Perform chemical analysis as needed
- Develop and executing an experimental approach
- Effectively communicate the results to their customer
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field
- 5 years of analytical chemistry experience OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 3 years of analytical chemistry experience
- Experience with hands-on analytical chemistry skills
- Experience with data associated with analytical chemistry and thermal analysis
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret and/or SCI security clearance
- PhD in Chemistry
- Extensive experience with wet lab analytical chemistry and/or thermal analysis (TMA. TGA, DSC, rheology, etc.)
- Active In-Scope Secret Security Clearance
Back to top