Principal Avionics Mission Systems Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Avionics Mission Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Performing analysis and development of system to subsystem requirements
- Defining subsystem interface
- Integration and test
- Supplier management of avionics flight hardware
- Performing research/analyze existing COTS equipment
- Working with Systems Engineering to develop computer requirements
- Supplier technical interface to oversee design, design reviews and support program reviews to ensure supplier products meet requirements
- Writing specifications
- Test procedures
- Designing physical Interfaces
- Interfacing with suppliers
- Performing analysis/test and generating test reports
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of network or electronics engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of network or electronics engineering experience.
- Experience in design, integration and test of complex systems
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Back to top