Principal ATP Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal ATP Electrical Engineer located inPalmdale, CA- United States.
The candidate will perform the duties of an Electrical Engineer for acceptance test procedure (ATP) development, release, and support of test execution. Responsibilities will include subsystems analysis, test method selection, test planning, test equipment integration, test procedure development and maintenance, test setup conceptualization and execution, test data acquisition and analysis, and test reporting. Additionally, candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and support to junior ATP engineers, reviewing test procedures written by peers and offering feedback and suggestions, acting as a subject matter expert in the area of aircraft electrical system testing procedures, processes, and standard practices, presenting to leadership on occasion, performing the duties of this position with a degree of independence, and assisting other test engineers in the performance of test failure troubleshooting and corrective action.
A successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge of electrical subsystem testing, cable and wire harness testing, and testing of various electronics and equipment used in the aerospace industry. Candidate must be able to work closely with engineers of the same and other disciplines, project leaders, and technicians supporting production line.
- Bachelor's ofScience in STEM with 5 yearsofexperience in support of aircraft electrical subsystem design or test OR a Masters degree in STEM with 3 years of experience in support of aircraft electrical system design or test.
- Must have an in-scope Active DoD Secret Security Clearance and have the ability to obtain/maintain Special Program Access.
- Strong technical writing skills with at least 1 year experience developing technical work instructions (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience designing in NX and HarnesSys
- Experience using CPLM/TeamCenter or other equivalent Product Lifecycle Management tool
- Experience working with MES
- Experience in the use of an automated wire harness tester machine
- Knowledge of programming an automated wire harness tester
- Experience working with D38999-type electrical connectors
- Experience working with electrical system test practices and procedures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top